1. Supergraphics: Include in Intent provision of sign ordinance, that supergraphics will now be regulated as wall signs.
2. Clarify what an appropriate square footage maximum for wall signs and temporary signs.
3. Restrict temporary signs to only onsite signage or noncommercial signs over a certain size. Identify the appropriate size for which this restriction should apply.
4. Temporary signs should not cover windows or block access in an effort to promote fire life safety.
5. The installation of temporary signs shall not exceed a total of 90 days in any calendar year for the ENTIRE property.
6. The conversion or construction of off-site digital signs should be expressly banned as proposed in the staff report.
7. Existing digital signs should be subject to greater regulatory standards as to brightness, standards of illumination, flashing, and hours of operation.
8. Because the Westwood Village and Ventura Boulevard Specific Plans expressly prohibit off-site signs, those geographic areas should eliminated from the list of eligible SUD areas.
9. Because Century City abuts single family homes and does not meet the SUD criteria as proposed in the staff report, Century City should eliminated the from the list of eligible SUD areas.
10. SUDs should not be established on or near ecological preserves. Please clarify the appropriate restriction for SUD criteria to protect our city’s ecological preserves.
11. “Sign impact area” for SUD sign reduction should be extended to impacted community plans or even Council Districts, if a proper nexus can be established.
12. Clarify that all signs that have been unlawfully erected without permits to date should come into conformance with new regulations given that they have no vested right under California law.
13. Add language to LAMC 14.4.22 Section, “Continuation of nonconforming signs,”NOTHING IN THIS ARTICLE SHALL BE INTERPRETED TO ALLOW THE FULL REPLACEMENT OF ANY NON-CONFORMING SIGN.”
14. Temporary Construction Walls should include a public identification placard that includes the following information: (a) date erected or permitted, (b) contact info for current property owner, (c) graffiti hotline info / communication beautification office contact.
15. Clarify how civil penalties will be assessed and whether responsible parties will be individually liable.
16. Clarify whether responsible parties will include an underlying advertiser or advertising agency.
17. Clarify that the definition of “exterior signs” are signs not visible from the public right of way or incidentally visible from public right of way.